How to make a band profile?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by pagan109, Sep 13, 2005.

1. pagan109

Jun 19, 2005
    Reiterating the do i make a band profile?
    we got to give it some clubs and ....some people...wat all do i need to put in it?
    could someone please give me some examples?
    we have a site(well more things need to be added...its at
    ... and demo is almost done...
    help will be appreciated :)
  2. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Do you mean like brief bios of the band members, or a description of the band and what it's trying to do and what its sound is like?
  3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Here's a good one I ran across a while back. The band created a .pdf file but I suppose you could di it in Word and print it out.

Click here.

4. pagan109

Jun 19, 2005
    well a press kit sort of thing...we got this place to play in...he wanted a band know what kind of band we are and stuff...
    i wanted to know what should be included in a press kit?...
    as of now wat i have made
    it has the band member names and what they play...
    a small bio/description of the band....
    the places we have played...but the thing is none have ever been covered by any sort of no written reviews anywhere...
    band website...
    contact details....
    wat more should i add?

and it please could u all visit my band website and give ur opinions...what more should i add /remove....please :)

5. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    my $.02
    Avoid using excessive hype, it usually comes off as really cheesy. Stick to facts as much as possible. Two paragraphs plus a photo on one page (with contact info) is plenty. That is about as far as most people seem to pay attention. Try to use a pic that can also be scanned and rendered in black and white. Good luck.
  6. Sturge

Sep 10, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    Yeah, hype is bad. Don't try to describe your music either, apart from in the very broadest terms (ie "rock," "jazz," etc), or you'll sound pretentious. And please oh please don't say anything like "despite playing only 3 gigs, the band have already built up a large local following." Just be brief and concentrate on the facts. Don't write at length about the process of forming the band, because no-one will read it.

Don't mention anything negative - if you don't have a cd, or you've never played a gig before, for example, just don't mention demos or gigs. On the other hand, if you've had a good gig in a big club or done a demo in a decent studio, throw it in. Don't go on or crow about it, but make sure people know about the good things you've done. It's just about telling people the basic facts and showing yourselves in a positive light.
  7. kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
    We made a calendar with a different picture of our band for each month. Something like this gets our name out and gets hung on the wall, as opposed to thrown in a drawer or the circular file.
  8. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think that's a really good idea. How much the calendars cost you, by the way?

Oh, and +1 on Sturges post, too.
  9. kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
    Our keyboard player put them together at home. I think she just used Microsoft Word. She spent a couple of bucks on quality paper and of course ink for the printer.