1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to make a quick 4.3 million

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Feb 18, 2008.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It appears Keith Van Horn is going to come out of retirement to make the Jason Kidd trade salary cap numbers work. Keith will have to appear at Nets practices and travel with the team for 30 days. At which point they can cut him or he can file his retirement papers. This is the third time this has happened in the NBA as I can recall. I'd be willing to come out of retirement from my playing days, and practice with the team for 30 days for 4.2 million.:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/02/18/kidd.trade/index.html

2. Dude Keith made 4.3 mill and he wont even give me $750, yo keith man thats cold:scowl:.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Not a bad way to finish his career, especially since Jersey was the team that drafted him #2 overall, right behind Tim Duncan.

I still have this magazine somewhere:
    [​IMG]

Best team in the world? Maybe most cursed team.

Kittles and Martin have been ravaged by injuries and Van Horn never seemed to put it together. Todd Mac was the saddest case of all since he had to retire to due to a disorder that robbed him of sensation in his extremities. Not to mention former net Jayson Williams accidentally killing that chauffeur. Jason Kidd really saw some ups and downs during his tenure in Jersey.

I'm interested to see how he does back in Dallas.

4. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Big O, I seem to recall another east coast team that in 1996 signed Allan Houston, Larry Johnson, PG Chris Childs, and Bernard Williams as free agents (pre salary cap), to add to Patrick Ewing, John Starks, and Charles Oakly. A certain magazine all but crowned them with the Larry O'Brien Trophy. They made it to the Eastern conference finals and lost the Miami Heat when Ewing and Johnson were suspended for leaving the bench in a fight (sound familiar?). That team never got passed the second round until it was radically modified. People including Gm's forget how important chemistry is in an NBA team. And how to many superstar scoring options can create problems in a league where a vast majority of the players would rather have a great stat sheet then win a title. Teams need hustle hard work players who play defense in order to win titles.

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i think it's kinda funny that teams in the western conference
    are trying to bulk up in anticipation of the SPURS coming off
    their yearly " rodeo road trip " ...
    { recent history shows the SPURS start playing
    their best basketball right after the long road trip
    ...}

Shaq - brought in to contend with healthy Tim Duncan = laughable .
    Kidd - brought in to contend with healthy Tony Parker = laughable .
    Anyone else - brought in to contend with healthy Manu Ginobili = laughable .

of course , that's jmo ... :D

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think Pau was brought in to fill Odom's spot. Odom looks terrible as the #2 guy, but much better when Kobe sits.

Shaq was brought in to force the Suns to grind out slow games and protect Amare from foul trouble. The Diesel has one speed and it isn't fast.

I'm not really sure why the Mavs are signing away their future to bring in Kidd. It baffles me. Unless they are trying to go small and run with the running teams (GS, PHX). Maybe the 3 guards on the floor together? I don't understand it.

I think you are forgetting that the Suns needed some officiating help to get by the Mavs and the Horry check came to work decidely in the Spurs favor. I wouldn't start all the big talk just yet.

7. DaveDeVille

... blah blah blah ...

:D

8. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Shows you how out of touch Texans are with the rest of the
    world.

(Ok, I know that's gonna cost me a beer. I think I can cover that in 60 days.)

9. DaveDeVille

... maybe more than one beer !! :D

10. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A couple of Texans arguing about which team is going to lose to the Pistons in the finals, How Pathetic!:D

My take:

SA: If you've followed my exclusive NBA coverage on TB:D you'll see that I appreciate the Spurs and commend their model of team play. Having said that, they have an unnerving record of lack of year to year consistency. They have never been in the finals two years in a row or the conference finals three years in a row. As a contrast the Pistons have been to the East Finals five years in a row and made the finals two years in a row. They also always seem to fall off, after a title. For that reason I'm not picking them to come out of the west this year. Although they are as good as any team that will.

DALLAS: The Chokers, er Mavericks. I am not a fan. I believe anytime your star player in incapable of playing defense on even mediocre players at his own position you have a problem. Dampier at center, with no perceptible back up guarding Shaq? Nodefenski trying to guard Stodoumeir? give me a break. Even matched up against the Pistons, Billups has had his way with Kidd in every playoff meeting even when the Pistons lost to NJ. Plus Dallas traded away it's entire bench except Stackhouse. Dallas may still come out of the west.

My pick for the west: Utah. As a Pistons fan I would prefer ANY other team in the west. But none of the top Western Teams (Dallas, SA, UT, Phoenix, NO, LA) is without major flaws plus the trade deadline isn't done. I will revive the NBA thread after Thurs.

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Hey watchit there fella! Who you calling a Texan?