Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to not Buy from your local stroe tips anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murtz, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Murtz

Murtz

Jun 27, 2001
    Well i live in norway and, in norway the selection of amps and bass guitar is rather.. hmm lets call it pathetic.
    So i wonderd is there anyone on thes boards that were forced to buy things from webshops etc,etc
    because the shops you try to order em from takes like 6 months reciving the amp and sell it to ya.
    If so id like some advice on how, since im not sure what do aobut shipping costes and where to buy from. well if ya do post ;)

if you dont understand what i mean the post what ya dont understand thene ill answer it :D

P.S Soz for the spelling im norwegian ;)

2. I buy all my Bass Gear, Amps, Cabinets, Effects, Instrument Cords.... mostly from the Web.

Stores are for trying stuff out.

It's cheaper then stores and I can get what I want... not just what happens to by in stock at some overpriced Music Store.

The only exception is if there is a sale item from one of the big chains (Mars, GC) I'll go and just get that one thing.

3. Murtz

Murtz

Jun 27, 2001
    Oh well you got any url's? and how much does the shipping cost from usa to europ? Anyone know?

4. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    www.ebay.com
    www.harmonycentral.com
    www.bassgear.com
    and the "used gear" section here.

I'm not sure about shipping costs, but amps you buy from the US probably need to be modified because our power outlets may put out a different level of voltage. The cost of modification and shipping may not be worth it.

Anyways, you should be able to get EBS gear pretty easily, being next to Sweden, and that stuff's better than most of what we have in North America.

5. I feel that Gollem II is right. You've got EBS amps from Sweden, Ashdown amps from England, Marleaux, Warwick, Status, Sei, Wal, Vigier and many, many more bass manufacturers in Europe. Why do you want US gear? It's no better. I also live in a country where gear like Eden, Sadowsky, Fodera, Modulus, Alembic, Euphonic Audio, Bergantino, Acme etc, etc, is not available, so I understand your point of view, but at least you have some of the world's best manufacturers right next door to you. All we have is ocean! LOL.

6. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    I agree with Marty and Golem. Also check out HEVOS, a Dutch company.

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    let's not forget Glockenlang either.