Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to order Lakland strings in the UK?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Aug 2, 2001.

1. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I'm preparing to take my first steps into the world of flatwound strings. After reading several threads on flatwounds, I've decided that I want to try a set of Lakland Joe Osborn Signature strings (40-60-80-100).

I've tried to fill out the order form at lakland.com, but I don't seem to be able to enter a non-US billing address, and the method (and cost) of shipping to the UK isn't very clear.

Have any other UK TalkBass members tried to order from Lakland?

Does anyone know of any websites that will ship these strings internationally without breaking the bank?

David

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I thought Laklands came with La Bella Hard Rockin Steel strings on them? Maybe I was wrong...

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    David,
    The last set of Lakland J.O. flats I ordered was from Bass Central www.basscentral.com in Florida. I dealt with Grasshopper and the service there is great. Give them a yell, and maybe they can give you a decent shipping cost to the UK. BTW, L.J.O. flats are great.

lo-end...he was talking about strings, not basses.
    :)
    Doc

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I am UK based but have been to Bass Central and have ordered some pickups from Grasshopper, the service so far has been excellent. Give them an e mail and ask for prices bc@basscentral.com

Also Martin Petersen at the Gallery is a Lakland Dealer you could see if he does strings

http://www.thebassgallery.com

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I know he was talking about strings, and I thought the strings that Lakland uses were La Bella strings.