Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how to overcome volume drop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ivenoticed that sometimes i get volume drop with my effects, is there anything i could put in the signal chain to counter that?

i get it more with my crybaby than anything else, but its still noticable on other things.....i was thinking maybe a volume pedal and having a bit left over for when the effects kick in

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You may look into a buffer/preamp that could go before the effects.

3. would a BBE sonic maximizer before the effects help?

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Is your Crybaby a 105q or another with the ability to adjsut the output volume?

The sonic Maximizer might help, but it's not really a pre-amp.. you might try somthing like a SABDDI, EHX 2UBE, or something along those lines.

EHX used to have a simply clean boost. you can still find it on ebay occasionally.

5. nah, im going to everntually get a 105q, but right now its a basic crybaby. what about an MXR Bass DI+? its pretty similar to the SABDDI and it has a fun little distortion on it

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    It seems that ALL wahs lose volume when used on bass. Unless theres a volume control. Which is bassically a boost BTW.....

7. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Use a Boss Line Selector, and blend a clean signal with the effected signal to taste. Voila...your bottom end will return.

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    An Loooper or a buffer is your best choice if your efects aren't true bypass.