how to overcome volume drop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ivenoticed that sometimes i get volume drop with my effects, is there anything i could put in the signal chain to counter that?

i get it more with my crybaby than anything else, but its still noticable on other things.....i was thinking maybe a volume pedal and having a bit left over for when the effects kick in
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You may look into a buffer/preamp that could go before the effects.
  3. would a BBE sonic maximizer before the effects help?
  4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Is your Crybaby a 105q or another with the ability to adjsut the output volume?

The sonic Maximizer might help, but it's not really a pre-amp.. you might try somthing like a SABDDI, EHX 2UBE, or something along those lines.

EHX used to have a simply clean boost. you can still find it on ebay occasionally.
  5. nah, im going to everntually get a 105q, but right now its a basic crybaby. what about an MXR Bass DI+? its pretty similar to the SABDDI and it has a fun little distortion on it
  6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    It seems that ALL wahs lose volume when used on bass. Unless theres a volume control. Which is bassically a boost BTW.....
  7. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Use a Boss Line Selector, and blend a clean signal with the effected signal to taste. Voila...your bottom end will return.
  8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    An Loooper or a buffer is your best choice if your efects aren't true bypass.