Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how to power 9V to 24V? Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by C-5KO, Jun 24, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I just purchased the Godlyke PA-9 - 9V multiple adaptors. This thing is amazing.

Here's the problem. After reorganizing, I now have space on my pedalboard for my EH Q-Tron+ and my EH Bass Microsynth.

Is there a way to power these pedals through an adaptor (ie 9V to 24V??? is this electronically possible?) that will attach to the PA-9?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm out of spots on my power bar for the 2 extra adaptors, plus, there is no more space in the case for a bigger power bar/extra extension. So I was really hoping to use the 2 unused 9V ends.

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    It is not compatible with those effects.

Ted

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    thanks. i didn't think so... but was hoping some genius somewhere might had figured it out.

4. it is electronically possible to generate 24V from 9V, but it's difficult to do, not often commercially available and rarely desireable in any audio system. It also highly depends on the current ratings and requirements and is often quite a "noisey" power source.

Switch mode power supplys can be designed to do this. That's what a DC-DC convertor is.

I would recommend that you use a proper power supply.

5. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    It would require another 'wart' that you say you haven't much room for. As mentioned , just get a 24v supply.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No real way around it. If you want to avoid the wart on a powerstrip, get a short extension cord.