1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

How to promote your band online?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ron Johnson, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Nov 19, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    One of my bands finally finished writing a setlist worth of material. Yesterday I found a promoter and booked our first gig. I also made a facebook page, uploaded a quick video of us playing one of our songs, and created a facebook event for the show.
    What ways do you promote your bands online? The only other thing I could think of doing is trying out "bandsintown". Are there any other things I could do? Thanks

2. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Go to meetup.com and see about posting your gigs at groups that allow it.

At your gigs, have a draw and ask people for their name and email or other way to invite them to your page. Or do a mailing list and put your facebook page on it and ask them to join as you promote yourself.

Do a facebook draw where people who like or comment on a post are included in a draw for something. Get the bar owner, if in a bar, to donate something for the draw.

Take pictures of people at your gigs and then give them a business card with your facebook page on it, and let them know you'll put it on your page.

Make sure your content is engaging -- not one-way announcements, but short questions like "So, this is our latest song -- what should we call it?". We have three possible designs for our t-shirt -- which one do you like?

Make sure you ask everyone to like your page at all your gigs, where possible. And have a banner that has your facebook page on it really big so people can get there easily.

It's a boatload of work, this social media stuff. Be prepared.

BossOnBass likes this.
  3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Ask the promoter what the venue is doing to promote your show. Marketing is a two-way street. At a bare minimum, the venue's Facebook page (and standalone website, if they have one, and they should, because contrary to popular belief, not everyone is on Facebook) should list the show details and link back to your Facebook page.

Additionally, you're lucky to be located in a city with tons of local media outlets. Write up a quick press release about your band (name, members, influences, etc.) and distribute it ASAP so that you get listed on all of the online and off-line nightlife calendars.

Good luck!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021