How to Quit a Band via Email - EZ to use Templates!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dtripoli, Nov 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    B92BD6CD151212649710947893248_366b29e7299.2.1.jpg
    Polite way
    “I have way too many projects going and need to scale back on my commitments. I’ll stay
    in contact and, if need be, work with the new bass play. Ba-bye…love ya”

Normal way
    “This genre/music/set up is not working for me. I’m going to respectfully step down so you
    can get a bassist more in tune to this band and direction. Thanks for the fun”

Strictly business way
    "I’m stepping down from my position as the (Name of band) bass player. Thank you for the
    time we had together. Best regards, (Your name)"

The Made-up excuse way
    “Oh man, I hate my job and I’m totally disappointed. My work just switched me to nights.
    Crap, there is no way I’ll be able to continue with the band. This really saddens me, I hope
    you guys can make out OK. Later…love ya"

The ‘Other’ band way
    "My other band is off hiatus and just called me back. I really love working with you guys but
    I gotta honor my original commitment. I know you’d do the same if it was this band.
    Regretfully, (Your name)"

The Solo career way

"FYI, as you know or didn’t know I have a whole solo career going and there is just too
    many gig conflicts with that and this band. I apologize for taking on this band in addition to
    my solo career. It’s best I bow out now before the band really takes off. Best of fortune to
    you all."

Honest way
    “You amateur pantywaists totally blow, every minute I spend in rehearsal with you guys
    sucks little more talent outta me. Get another bass player, get a life and leave me the
    F*@k alone. See ya……losers”

The Lame way
    “My wife/girlfriend/mom is really giving me crap about always being away from the
    house/trailer/apt and I don’t want her always yellin’ at me, causing a scene and putting you
    guys through that. Gotta go …….and take the trash out."

Gawd-This-Band-SUCKS.jpg

The “I don’t care” way
    (No internet connection needed)
    ……… silence……… 14 days later, …….. crickets ……… 2 years later…………(Has anyone heard from the bass player?)

The “Risk going to jail” way

"Hey, a**h***’s, F*** you all. I see anyone of you, I’ll cut ya. Have a nice day….while you can."

Note:
    Don’t leap before you look. There are valid reasons for staying in a mediocre, low talent
    band…..although I can only think of one;

vassarettes.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Alik, ThatLowEnd, BassCliff and 3 others like this.
  2. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    Only one reason? I count eight.

3. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    I once told somebody "I don't really want to do the real people playing real music on real instruments thing anymore". Meant it, too.

4. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! DHDIK? Supporting Member

I see 12 reasons ;)

kcole4001 likes this.
  5. no, There's 16 reasons...........

DirtDog and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  6. Photobassist

Photobassist

Dec 18, 2010
    Japan
    I see 28;)

7. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..

JackANSI likes this.
  8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I only see one thing in the OP.

9. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Yeah, that keytar. I would quit, too.

JackANSI likes this.
  10. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Any more than 20 is just depraved, man! :laugh:

11. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together

Nov 20, 2013
    North Cackalacky
    Someone I know got pulled into his boss's office one day, and told "I have good news and bad news: The good news is this company is going in a new direction. The bad news is you're not going with it."

I always thought that would be a good way to let a bad musician go from the band... Especially via text. But it works as a way to quite to, under the category Passive Aggressive

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021