Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how to Quote???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Hey I know I'm a total tard...so could someone please help me to learn how add a Quote from another TBer, I am talking about the Quote that inclueds the "Origianally posted by ''' '''' '' and in bold fonts...step by step would be really helpful..If you haven't noticed I am a little slow ........:p Oh yea I read the FAQ and that didn't help either...

Fetch!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you mean a quote from someone in this forum or just copying and pasting?

well, If im correct on what you want, highlight the text to copy with your mouse, once you do this press CTRL + C.

now point the place you want to paste the text and just press CTRL + V

im still not sure if that helped :confused:

Offtopic: the G string on the atk is giving me trouble lately :(, but I dont play that string as much... did you repaired it?

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Or are you talking about quoting like this?

Sorry but you´re not very clear on what you want. If this is what you are looking for, then press the Quote button on top of each message.

4. thanks Dave you're the best...um, I still have some buzzing on the G, at the 12 fret. I am going to have it worked on soon... thanks again

Fetch!

5. Icez...Yes Yes that's it... that's what I am trying to do.....please help me...
    Sorry I was so unclear about this.....

Fetch!

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    1. Find the message you want to quote.
    2. Press the "Quote" button which is above that message. (in the middle of buddy - edit/delete buttons).
    3. Voila!

On quoting multiple messages, I just quote the first one with the button. Then I scroll down and copy whatever else I want to quote and I paste it in my message. Then I manually quote it. That is I put the quote command around the message.
    Example:
    [.Quote]This is a message I want to quote[./quote]

Note: Take out the dots in front of Quote and then you have it.
    To make it look like a real quote, I also throw in [.B]Bold[./B] Also take the dots out here.

Final example with manual quote:

[.Quote][.B]This is a quote[./Quote][./B]

Hope this helps.

7. Like this? Wow cool ! that was too easy...

Icez, Thank you soo much.....

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Glad to be of service ;)

9. Ok great... so now .. what if there is a picture in that post? How do you include the pic with the Quote?[​IMG]

10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Let´s try this out...

Here´s a pic:
    [​IMG]

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Now I just pushed the quote button, (the first time I quote myself) and the pic automatically comes with it.

12. ..

Ok I see .thanks again...The check is in mail, Icez