how to rack mount a hartke 3500 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Ok.. got my hartke 3500 yesterday.. but how the hell do i rackmount it ? the manual doesn't say **** about it..

there's a bunch of small screws that go to the side if you remove the protective edges... but there's also 2 long screws ( about 10cm ).. where do i put those ?
  2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    You have to get the (replacable) sides that have the rack ears on them. Contact Samsontech.
  3. I have those.. that's not the problem, they're already connected

but what i do need is instructions on where those large long screws have to go..

b.t.w. what a cute little tube inside the amp :p
  4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hmmm. I'm stumped. I've had a 7000 rackmounted since 1993 and I never had to deal with 2 long screws.
  5. yeah.. it has a bag of screws and 2 flaps..

it includes some small screws to put the flaps on the amp, 4 bigger screws to put the amp in a rack and 2 real long ones..

6. Maybe they're just to 'screw' with your head while you're trying to work out where they go!!!

If it's all secure enough without them - don't worry!
  7. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    i have a 3500 and just used the small screws to rack mount it. it has been in my rack for over a year, and works great. i don't know what the long screws are for.
  8. I used a rack mounted 3500 for years and I never used (or needed) long screws. I'm sure they just include various sized fasteners so that you are covered for most situations; just because they're there doesn't mean you need to use them.
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey Allo,

Congrats on the new head! (we're probably getting some sense in your posts now too ;) ) Guess what? I'm getting one too! How much did you pay for it?

The thing is, Mr. Sami Kukkohovi of local heavy band Sentenced just got a supporting deal from EBS and his old 3500-head is at the local store where he got his EBS-stack from.. He's asking 420e for it minimum, I think I have to negotiate a bit since you can get new ones for 470e including the shipping, tho.

I think I could perhaps get his head for 370e or so, or buy one from Ebay Germany for around 300+shipping.
  10. 420 for a used one ? woah ! they're 500 new !
  11. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Yeah i played 320 for mine.. but thats US currency, not sure what that would be else where.. Hey Allo, that Peavey 8x10 was WONDERFUL right?
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yea, I know dude. But apparently, they don't know that in the store :rolleyes: - well I told them the real price on the head, but since they sell it on behalf of their customer, they can't go any lower than he has set the limit.

I need to call the guy myself and negotiate on the price a bit.
  13. pertila

Mar 17, 2000
    Whops! From where you can get Hartke 3500 for 470e including shipping? Sounds pretty cheap to me!