Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to REALLY by tough on crime!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tash, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
  2. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    :eek: i better get outta here

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that's awesome.

we should devise that kind of system for trolls

:ninja:

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Agreed. I have a pet lion we can use... and breed... and stuff..

-Ray :D

5. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Believe it or not, there are people planning this in America as well. Unforuntately it was an AOL article that I can't link to, but there were ecologists that are considering importing African animals to the American Midwest. Part of the hope is to save certain species from extinction. Although I'm against it, I'd be interested in seeing what would happen.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Kill two birds with one stone! Feed the endangered animals, and kill the criminals, I like that thinking!!!

-Ray

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    "Hey lets go out side"
    "No, the lions that were susposed to eat the crimals are now eating us simple folk"
    "Not just that but the lions are now forming new gangs"

Ah serously now that is an awsome plan:D

8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've heard various different plans to do stuff like this. It never tends to work out though, I wonder why?

I'm sure the best way to preserve an endangered species is to drop a bunch of them into a completely foreign ecosystem filled with SUV driving, gun totting, south park watching humans. "ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!"

I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan. :)

9. Hmm, so now lions will be shot instead of humans? I dunno about you but if they have any firearms (which I assume they do) they'll make short work of these lions. In that sense it could even be considered animal cruelty, having lions doing humans' dirty work.

10. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I think the diea is more that with lions there the bandits will have a much harder time moving through the area (they'll have to be on alert to avoid getting eaten), hunting for food (lions will eat or scare away other animals) and preying on visitors (who the hell is going to be hangin out in lion country long enough to kid kidnapped?).

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The fate of bass players who can't quite cut the mustard? :D

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I take it the bandits don't have guns.

13. Next thing you know, they'll be releasing humans into the woods to flush out bandit lion (lion bandit?) gangs.

:D

14. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    well it would be a much more interesting life and probably the only way i could get my hands on a shotgun :p

15. i agree with Tash... it's not a great thing to just bring in wildlife. maybe if they put them inside prisons and just let the loose... :D

hahaha and that is old school southpark

16. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    The lions won't last long. Most likely the bandits will just poison them. Quick and easy.