1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to remedy a pedal that has low end loss?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by soulplane83, Sep 16, 2008.

1. soulplane83

soulplane83

Aug 16, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I recently got an old Mutron Phaser which sounds great except for some very audible low end loss. Right now i'm running a Dano Fish n Chips EQ after it with a little boost in the lows. It's working ok, but is there another way to be able to kick the pedal on and have the lows boosted a bit? Is there some sort of bypass looper with a boost built in? I don't quite understand how bypass loopers work anyhow. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Search here on the word "blender" for the answer to your prayers. :) There are many blender options.

3. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    i recall using a vintage mutron that had no low end loss whatsoever...maybe its the specific unit?

but yeah, blender will do what you want.

4. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    If you can't compensate with your amp and driver use an EQ or something like a bass xciter or EHX Knockout.

5. Bofee

Bofee

Aug 19, 2005
    Grass Valley, CA
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Doesn't work. You can't use EQ or boost to "put back" frequencies that were cut off. All that does is boosts whatever lows or low mids did pass through the circuit.

7. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Break it.