1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to remove casters..Ampeg410he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapstick13, Mar 24, 2013.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the casters from my ampeg 410he. Trying to stack her! I wont say what's going underneath her with all the different cab matching phobia going around here....:bag: but id like to know how to get these wheels off without unscrewing them....thanks in advance

2. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

Unless these are "pop out" casters the only way you are going to take them off is by unscrewing them.

3. Forrrest

Forrrest

Mar 10, 2013
    you just pull em out.
    there's just a metal ring on the shaft that holds it in.
    A8vzzfe.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They can be a little tough sometimes, but yeah, they should just pop out. If it's really tight, maybe some WD40 would do the trick.

5. Mine come out. You have to make sure you are pulling them straight out. Keep in mind the wheels are NOT centered on the insert. They are tough at first but they will come out.

I stack mine on a flight style rack and the steel edges of the rack actually keep the wheels from rolling off. Either way I wouldn't do away with the wheels all together they definitely help when it comes to load in. I would also consider only removing the back wheels If you can to give the cab an upwards tilt.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    If your second cab is a 1x15, (or 1x18, 2x12, etcetera):
    I'd sugest you stack it on top of your 410he, and just leave the casters on your 410he.

My reasoning here is your secondary cab probably wont be able to handle as much power/volume as your 410he, and If you stacked the 15 on top, you'd have a much better chance of hearing the 15" cab farting out (reaching its maximum excursion), so you could turn the amp down before you destroying your 15" speaker.

7. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Well im def saving the casters. Just putting them to the side for now. That's kind of a good idea but ill prob leave the 15 on bottom. I think Ill end up selling the 410he and get another 15e(200w) This way Im pushing the 15s more(whereas the 410 (500w)will be a little hungry for more power if Im using 2 cabs with only a 100W tube head)

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's not that I blame you for thinking like that, but everything in your reply is totally based on myth. Any 410 is perfectly fine with 100w, and it matters not how hard or easy you push your cabs as long as you don't push them so hard they blow, otherwise amps wouldn't have volume knobs.

9. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    This is true Jimmy. I did try it out last night and thought that the 15 by it self sounded way better than when combined with the 410. Its like the 410 store the party and was just thinning my sound out. Where as the 15 alone I got that meaty goodness. Trust me Im well aware of the cab/driver mixing myths around here and I never buy into 'scientrific' folklore when it comes to music/music gear. But in this situation I hated the 115/ 410 combo. Def getting rid of the 410 getting another 15.

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    Slapstick. Where are you located? I have a minty svt 15e that I'd love to trade for a 410he.

11. ChopperDave

ChopperDave Hai-ohhhhhhh!

Nov 14, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Resurrecting because I have the opposite issue, sort of ... Can I use any pop-out caster on my SVT-15en? I'm looking at these on Amazon:

Ernie Ball
    Fender