1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to repair a chipped glass drinking vessle?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Ive got this drinking vessle called a porron and the tip of it is chipped and i want to fix it so i cant drink out of it again.
    And what do you recomend to reconstruct the chipped tip, the original hole is still in tact, but on 1/2 of it its chipped.
    The vessle looks like this.

PRRRRRON2.

2. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    A "drinking vessel" eh? Hmmm :smug:

You could just get a glassblower to cut the tip off. Or make you a new one.

On the cheap maybe some epoxy resin type stuff would do it?

If it IS actually for drinking out of...the can't you get a normal glass?

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes, i know it looks like a bong, but its really not. Its a traditional spanish drinking vessle. As you can see in the pic, there is liquid in the vessle. And the problem with cutting off the tip is that i need to keep the integrety of the hole, otherwise if the hole is huge, i cant get a good stream to come out of it. Here is a pic of me while living in barcelona using my vessle with wine and soda. Picture407.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Jebus! That bong water looks like it is a century old.

5. It takes a real man to drink the bong water.

Or a really stoned one.

6. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    fill it up little by little with acrylic (cyanoacrylate will work find, AKA super bonder, krazy glue, etc). Add a tiny drop, let it dry. Repeat 1x10E+N times (that's a lot). When is filled up and slighlty protruding sand it of to renew the shape.

7. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I must respect anyone who is concerned with keeping the integrity of the hole.