Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to sell quick?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Sep 8, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    my friend is trying to by my SWR Goliath Sr, which I'm willing to let go for $600, but before, he has to sell his Peavey 410TVX and TNT 115 combo. I gotta have the money before the 21st to pull out my L2000 and GK 410RBH from layaway, otherwise I lose the awesome deal I got them for. So can anyone gimme some tips to help my friend sell them. He's not ruling out eBay. If you have any advice, please give it.

~Patrick

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    There's a strong relationship between price and the amount of time it takes to sell something.

If the asking price is low, it will sell fast. If it's high, it will probably take longer.

You can always sell them to Guitar Center, Sam Ash or Music Go Round, but you'll get about 50% of what they're going for on the street.

I'd recommend the three that romeoarmada mentioned, plus The Dude Pit (thedudepit.com) and eBay setting a very, very reasonable Buy It Now prices (sell them separately as you'll have more potential buyers) so that they sell right away.

There is a site called churchbass.com (I believe). I've never visited, but Peavey has a huge presence in church sound systems so my guess is that the Peavey brand would have a strong among players in worship bands.

You could see if the store that you're getting your gear from would take them as partial payment...but then again, they probably won't give you/him much for the gear.