1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to sell yourself as a bass player

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TBrett, Apr 18, 2010.

1. TBrett

TBrett

Nov 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Must share this with you guys (yes, I know, it probably belongs in the Dumb Craigslist Ads thread, but trust me, this is a rare classic). From Craigslist Toronto:

bass players need love too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-04-16, 5:10PM EDT
    Reply to: blazinbasslicks@hotmail.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm well im a bass player ..i have one thing to say about the pentatonic scale.....i figure if you want your guy to be able to do something make it part requirment ..alil more cordial next time. I find it more difficult finding dedicated guys who wanna work on things ...perhaps the bassist knows the scale but since hes soooooo used to working with confused guitarists his brain malfunctioned...funk ..blues.. rock //jazz whatever u claim jimi to be one of the styles u look for... then later no druggies....hmmmm just acid is ok? i better go listen to soem of the bands listed or my brain must be shoot off...theres soooo much music out there perhaps they just havent had anyone tell them hey go check out some larry graham hes a steller basist..either way i play bass im easy goin i know scales can read charts.... but i have no interest in working with anyone who wants to limit creativity to one musical genre.... theres lil challenge in playing the same style over and over again..... to have a preference is ok but never limit ur options in life.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

:D

2. Anyone want to translate that into English?

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Of course. It's all so simple. 2+7=banana. Now I got it.

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    This should be a reading comprehension question on the SAT or GRE, because I don't understand what the hell that person's point is.

5. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Haha! Cool! :scowl:

Fred

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    ... what just happened? Did the quadratic formula explode?

7. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    What, doesn't anybody else in here speak Canadian?

8. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Way to include the email address in your post.

9. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    i think he took some acid before posting that....since thats "ok"

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    hexplode.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Yep, that's what acid does to your brain! :eyebrow:

12. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    I'm glad he cleared up that mystery about the pentatonic scale.......

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Yes. There's as much Canadian in there as there is in this "bacon" you guys make.

14. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    HA! I have a friend who emails as bad as this. We usually save them at work for an afternoon giggle :)

15. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Actually that person speaks Washingtonese! :bag:

16. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Why, as an extra value meal...of course. :)

I come with a side of fries and a jumbo sized soft drink.

17. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    "I am an example of the modern American education system."

18. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to run through a couple of rough drafts before you make a thread. I have a giant drafting board next to my computer. I have several threads at various levels of completion. For me, the process usually takes about a month. I start with a simple brainstorm. What do I want to say to the TB community? Then, I start to write an outline. Should I include an introduction? Will my thread accurately convey my ideas? Is it funny? I usually do 2 rough drafts. I have friends and family proof-read them before giving them the green light. I then do a "dry run" of my thread by posting it on another message board. If it gets a lot of views and replies, I post it here.

Regards,
    Keith B.

19. It would take you 17.91 years (ish) Keith if you took one month for every thread you've started. Not that I checked or anything. :ninja:

As you were. :D

20. I can laugh uproariously at that because I am Canadian and I've read the stats.

Also cuz I are smrt.