1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to separate my OC-3 signal, and bring it back together

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by double_stop2584, Oct 7, 2010.

1. I'm setting up my new pedalboard, and have done some tinkering with the order of my effects. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to set up my OC-3 Super Octave.

Here's what I have now:

Boss TU-2 Tuner -->
    EBS Multi-Comp (always on) -->
    Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B -->
    Boss OC-3 -->
    Boss CEB-3

What I want to do is move the OC-3 up in the chain, but when I use it in conjunction with the PPB, I don't like how both the direct and octave signal are distorted. But, I think the OC-3 tracks better earlier in the chain.

What I think I want to do is send my direct signal out of the OC-3 and into everything afterward, and send a "wet" line from the OC-3 to the end of the chain, so that when I turn on the octave, it tracks from only my "clean" sound, post-comp, pre-everything else.

And my question is: is there a pedal or some kind of true bypass "junction box" that I can get to "rejoin" both signals, then send that to my amp? I don't think it has to be something that needs to be switched on and off, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

Thanks for the help, brochachos!

2. It's not true bypass, but the Boss LS-2 is the simplest thing that will do what you want.

Just plug the effect out from the OC-3 into the input of the LS-2, the rest of the chain into one of the return jacks on the LS-2, put it on A+B mix mode, and there ya go.

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Don't get the Loopmaster--that sort of passive device is crappy for recombining the split signals. The Boss LS-2 is a much, much better tool for the job. There are some even better tools than the Boss, but they cost more.

4. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    +1 on LS-2. I've owned mine for years and still find new things for it to do.

5. Bish42

Bish42

Dec 26, 2001
    England
    Does this mean you don't have to use the 'Send' on the LS-2?

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Correct. One output from the OC2 in return A of the LS2, the other into return B. Set to A+B mix mode and it will output them both out of the LS2's main output.

I think the LS2 is one of the most useful utility pedals out there. There's just so much it can do.

7. Yes, this is exactly what I do when my electronic group plays gigs. I run my bass through the pedalboard, then into the input of the LS-2 sitting on top of my amp, and I have the output from a Nord Lead running into Return A, nothing plugged into either send jack, and then output to my amp. Mixes them perfectly, plus you have a separate volume knob to control each channel.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021