1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to set up this mix

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by drewphishes, Dec 3, 2018.

1. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    looking to find a usb mixer I can use in my rehersal space. Would like to run lines direct from the bass and guitar amp to mixer as well as mics and mics for the drums. Would like yo be able to record this multitrack everything while we practice and only have the mics for singing in the pa mix in the room. The amps and drums will be enough in the space were in for rehersal. Basically wanna record rehersal

2. bwildt

bwildt

Mar 21, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Behringer XR18 would do it. $500. Don't know your budget. It can replace your current live mixer plus output 16 channels to a computer DAW via usb. You can configure the input channels to get their signal from either a live source or from usb (your DAW).

This is a digital mixer with no control surface. You control it via a networked or wireless computer or pad. Compression and noise gates on every channel, 6 aux outputs. Lots of built in effects.

These digital mixers are really something. They have way more features than analog mixers. Behringer isn't the only vendor, but it is what I am familiar with.

There is also an XR16 and an XR12, but the usb works differently. On these mixers, input channels can be sent to a usb memory stick, then edited elsewhere.

danster, s0c9 and GlassToMouth like this.
  3. I'm second the opinion of the post above. I use the Behringer X Air X18 and it does great for quality multitrack recordings and can produce an excellent live mix as well. I'm very happy with it.

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Soundcraft Ui-24r would be a good choice. Sound quality wise it is a large step above other mixers like it. Same preamps as in my SI Expression 1 and 3 boards. The software rocks and because it is browser based - no app. Just a browser... super easy, Greta sounding solution. $800 delivered if you know where to look. I use Mike Pyle at Audio Pyle in Santa Rosa, CA. He drop ships to me in Washington.

5. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    ^ I second the Soundcraft ui24r.
    You can also stack them for 40 inputs and 24 outputs. Shazam!