1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How To Setup a Bass Properly

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reynolds 101, Jul 16, 2008.

1. I bought an SX and its coming tomorrow, and I would like to know the proper way to do a complete setup on my own. Intonation, action, etc.

I've read many different ways and I would like to know the correct one. thanks

2. Stone Age

Stone Age

Apr 13, 2008
    Connecticut
    There's a whole Forum just for this. Here's a thread from that forum that may help- http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125382

I seriously haven't seen a single question on this forum yet that has a "right" answer. Everything comes down to an individual's preference.

3. I found that following the specs in the manual that comes with the guitar is helpful. At least it gives you the factory measurements. You can then tweak it to your liking.

4. No wonder the search didn't help, I was looking in the wrong section. Thanks.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021