1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to sing bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by olivercarr, Jul 7, 2012.

1. olivercarr

olivercarr

Jul 5, 2012
    Any advice on how to sing bass? I have a deep voice and trying to develop my singing, any tips to improve my singing.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    I suggest looking for a local singing group like those old timey barbershop quartets. Sometimes a city will have supported singing groups as do community colleges.

Depending on your beliefs, a church choir may be a good choice.

Or check with your local universities for vocal coaches and possibly look for private coaches as well.

Picking up a small keyboard might help as well.

3. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    As someone once said "You've either got it or you don't, kid".

We all are born with a voice how we sing is close in tone to how we sing. I talk like a mid range guy I sing like a mid range guy.

I can metal growl and try to go lower in pitch but, I decrease my volume as well so it's a trade off.

Basically read first line of my post.

4. pmchenry

pmchenry

May 6, 2012
    SE PA
  5. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark

6. Choose a low note that sounds good and never under any circumstances leave the pitch of that note.