1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to spin your bass

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ok so I've been getting the question alot of times on how to spin your bass and upon request sort of..someone asked me to make a guide...

Ok, so make sure you uninstall your straplocks.
    Purchase a 5$ strap from your local bass shop
    Get a bunch of encouraging friends who laugh at your failure
    And...probably smoke some crack

END PRODUCT:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2414763151290372585&q=bass+guitar&pl=true

I hope i answered all your questions

BTW .. THAT IS NOT ME AND I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THAT PERSON IN ANYWAY

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Wow.

He doesn't even care either...

3. hahah man that thing flew. i was expecting to see in just slam into the ground. Thats what not having strap locks and having your bass around your knees gets you.

man i was actually laughing out loud for what had to be 5 minutes.

4. that kid..although he is smiling at the end..must really feel like an idiot. he completely destroyed something he spent his money on

5. who says it was his money? :D
    -Alex

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Who says it's destroyed?

7. Ok first of all...it was HIS bass, and bass= money so..if bass = his and money = bass then his = money. and i'm pretty sure if you throw a bass at the wall it would break..whether it is on the outside of the electronics on the inside. if neither broke..then the bass's diginity broke. ok? so its broken.

8. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Natselection said it.

9. Based on the "Tabernac!!" that is said after the bass hits the wall, I must say that this gentleman is, in fact, a Quebecer and, therefore, Canadian. :rollno:

I must apologize for the actions of my people, and assure you this is just one bad apple in an orchard of tastiness.

10. Winemule

Winemule Guest

Feb 27, 2005
    If you want to do something silly with your instrument, do this:

[​IMG]

It's less dangerous, and it gets the job done.:)

11. LOL! That just made my day.

The guy is from Quebec... damn am I ashamed right now.

12. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. hey! i can do that behind the head thing. people love that. as for the spin, that video is why i am scared out of my mind to try spinning my bass.

14. charic

charic

Apr 17, 2006
    Cambridge
    Think i mite have to get sum1 drunk enuf to try that! I need a laff

15. that was totally awesome

16. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    That reminds me of one of the sixth formers at my school who, despite being an awesome guitarist, didn't have much respect for school property, and totalled a crappy strat copy by swinging it around with an equally crappy strap (the strap happened to be mine... whoops!:meh: ) I've never seen an instrument hit the ceiling before, but let's just say it was pretty nasty. The neck had a big crack in it... it didn't run all the way through, but it still made the guitar useless...

The prize for the competition he was rehearsing for with this particular instrument was an equally crappy jazz bass copy (it had no strings and the pots had fallen out, but it could have been fixed up) Needless to say, he won it, and trashed it onstage... :( :scowl:

17. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    My bandmates and I once practiced guitar flipping with an extremely crappy electric guitar bought at our local wal-mart. Needless to say, we experienced the same results.

Video of one of our guitarists attempting to do such a flip as follows: http://www.epband.com/littleguy.avi

At least we had fun, ah this video is old, I miss high school.

18. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Behind my head?

Erm...My arm doesn't go so far on the neck, especially after the strains from pole vault to the deltoid...so I guess I'm stuck with the swinging? :p

19. Why pose? never understood that... you're there to play, mate... not flip your bass and probably ruin a gig when the straplocks break and the bass smashes itself onto some onlookers face...

20. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I should steal my friend's guitar and do that. He doesn't take care of it anyway; we've seriously considered grabbing it and ceremoniously burning it in the middle of the street.