1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to tame high freqs from piezo?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SebbyNC, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Putting a capacitor across piezo leads would cut volume, not just highs. You may think of a piezo pickup like a microphonic capacitor.
    A working solution would be to put a 100K resistor in series with piezo pickup, then a capacitor to ground. 100pf to 1000pf would do it.

2. SebbyNC

SebbyNC

Mar 17, 2005
    Guadeloupe
    Thanks, do you have any recommandation as to what kind of resistor (1/4 watt ok?) and cap (ceramic disc ok?)

3. 1/4 watt or smaller metal film resistor would be good enough. As for the cap, ceramic disk is OK, you don't have much options in that range.

4. SebbyNC

SebbyNC

Mar 17, 2005
    Guadeloupe
    Thanks Shoewreck, I'll try to get the resistor and and a couple caps next week, and I'll report my results.

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    For all intensive purposes, the cap type is not nearly as important as the value for your circuit.