Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to tell teh age and serial number of my spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve-o, May 29, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i can not find a serial number on my korean spector anywhere.
    well actually it is a SSD NS-94
    what year did they make these?
    any info on these?
    all i know is what i can see and that the list price is $1600 on this bass.
    can anyone help??

steve

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    not sure but when i had my Czech i found the serial in the controls cavity. remove the plastic cover and you'll find the serial sttamped there. e mail the number to mr. spectro at www.spectorbass.com and you'll have an answer in short time.

good luck

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    These basses were made for a few years after Spector left Kramer in the early 90's. From what I remember, the list price on these basses were more like $899 or so & sold for about $600. These basses are VERY similar to the NS-2000 neck thru basses that are available now.

I've seen alot of SSD Spector Czech & Korean basses w/no serial #'s. I don't know why. :confused:

4. The dates are located inside the battery cover.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    thanks when i get time i will check on this!

steve

6. Metaltronix

Metaltronix

May 29, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Hi, im new here so this is my 1st post.
    Ive wondered the same thing as I have 2 SSD basses, a NS-94 and a NS-95. The NS-94 has absolutely no serial number on it, not even in the control cavity. The NS-95 does though so I always wondered if someone removed it or if it just wore off, I dont see how though. I got both of them for what I think to be a great price $500 for the NS-94 and an amazing $400 for the NS-95 with flight case off of ebay and had a flawless transaction. The bass had been unused since it was bought and did'nt even have buckle rash on the back of it. I cant seem to find any info about the basses anywhere on the web either. I know both of mine are Korean models, were there any Czech or USA versions as the style and headstock are unique to these ones only.

7. And I couldn't find the serial number on it anywhere, not even in the cavity. I bought it new in '87, so I figured it must be Korean made under Kramer. Sold it recently for $450.

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i was told that all ssd are spector.
    not kramer.
    he used the ssd name until he won his name from kramer back in a legal battle.
    then he changed it bsck to spector.
    i still can't find a serial numer!

steve