1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How To Tell What Year Your Vintage Fender Bassman Cab Is?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xofnahtan, May 2, 2006.

1. Ok I have an old Fender Bassman Cab, That I'm looking to fix and sell, so I was wondering how to tell what year it is. The colors on the face of it are gold,blue,and black if that helps any.

If anybody has any idea what year it and about how much it can go for please tell me.

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. That didn't relay help me identify it, so I'm guessing its from 68 or on because that guide stop covering amps after 67.

Also it didn't have ANYTHING about bassmans in there as far as I could see.

3. Hi,

the fender Amp Field Guide might help.

The link is http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/

Although its about amps it also lists the dimensions of the cabinets they came with, which might give you an idea if your cab has the same dimensions as those listed.

I say might because it didnt help me :rollno: but its probably worth checking out anyway.

cheers

Stew.

4. Thakid2u

Thakid2u

May 1, 2006
    Gold, Blue and Black? Is the Gold more of a WHEAT? Is this a Combo or a piggyback? 2x12 2x15? I cant think of anything off the top of my head that is Gold, blue and black. Now silver, blue or black that's a different story. What color is the dominent color? Gold with blue and black thread in it?

Ohh the ?'s to ask, lol