Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to trade?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassteban, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Or, how NOT to trade. I've done one trade deal; the other party totally trusted me, sent his stuff on faith, I sent my stuff, everybody's happy. I'm talking to the owner of a cab about me trading a bass straight across- a fair deal, I believe. What are some potential problems I should be aware of, & how do any of you w/experience w/this sort of thing go about it? I posted this question before hypothetically, but this time it's for real. Thanks.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've had one trade where the other guy got my gear before even shipping his. That was not the deal. we were supposed to ship at the same time. He did ship, but I had to wait a few days and it got me quite nervous. All in all it worked out, but next time I do something like that, I'm going to recall my item if I don't get a tracking number right away, just in case I make a deal with the wrong person.

3. I never considered that- I can recall my stuff, eh? That would be a handy option. I've seen this person posting items before, so it seems legit. Thanks, Bliss.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Np, I didn't know about it either, but the guy a mailboxes etc. said they could do it. I think there may have been a small charge fore it, but that's nothing when you talking about a bass or anything else expensive.