1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How to turn computer monitor into mirror?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael L., Sep 16, 2008.

1. hi. does anyone know if it's possible to use a background that would essentially turn my computer monitor into a mirror? scanning a mirror doesn't work.

2. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Is this a joke ?

3. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Webcam and serious video cards?

4. I believe FLV media player has an option that allows you to set streaming or pre recorded video feeds as your background.

Try that first. You may have to download a pdf. how too or just look it up online, but I know it can be done with FLV.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If you set up a mirror behind youself as well, you'll get that cool tunnel-effect. I would lose my mind if I had to look at myself all day long.

6. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    i've never heard of such a thing.

7. I think that went of most of your heads... :( I've been laughing for the last half hour after reading this on another forum I frequent. Think about it... scanning a mirror?

I'm done having fun now. Carry on.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Actually, I know a customer of mine who has a mirror on his wall that is also a TV. I'm not sure how it works, but it's freakin cool!

Oh, here... http://www.pcworld.com/article/111100/philips_unveils_mirror_tv.html

9. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    You're just gonna need a bigger scanner .

Other forum?

10. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Bright ass LCD screen with a really polished face.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I just chose to ignore the idiocy of the original statment.

12. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    +1

So you decided to take someone else's stupidity off of another forum and post it on this forum as if you were asking the question for yourself? If it was supposed to be a joke then it was poorly executed and only served to make you look like you have no idea what you're doing.. :ninja:

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    fail.

bc

14. Can i sig the last part of the question?

15. web cam but reverse it or it will confuse the **** out of you!!

16. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    :D

Nice to start the day with a good joke! :)

Now for some serious advice: The best way to turn your monitor into a mirror is to press the power button when it is on.