Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to use BagEnd ELF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by indie-visible, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Maybe it's a little dumb question, maybe I could figure it out from descriptions on the Bag End site. But still: what is the practical way to use ELF processors/speakers with other bass amplification equipment? For example, if I want to use it to reproduce the suboctave, generated by some bass amp, such as Ashdown Magnifiers. As I understand, the suboctave is generated in its preamp. And as I understand, an ELF processor must be inserted before the PA section. So does this mean it can be run in the effects loop??? Or what else? Or, say, the sub signal is suggested to go from the special sub output of the Ashdown to the ELF processor, and then into a separate PA?

2. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Bag End says to run a full bandwidth signal from a preamp section (not from an amplifiers speaker outputs)to the ELF input (i.e. not through a crossover or band limiting devise). Signal out of the ELF to a dedicated amplifier channel and on to the ELF driver. Depending which processor your using a simple calibration of concelment and gain and your ready to go.

Hope this helps.