Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How to wire Piezos + 2 Jazz pups + preamp- diagram?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ebladeboi123, Sep 6, 2005.

1. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Ok, so I've been wondering how to wire this. I want to be able to blend, and be able to cut them. I will be useing a demeter pre-amp which is suitable for both piezo and regular magnetic pickups. So how would i go about wiring both of these? Would i use something like.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7347756981&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    Or would i do something else? Any ideas?
    I'm useing the ABM brigde with piezo's
    Jazz pups (nordies or suhrs or barts... hmmm)
    Demeter onboard pre amp

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    dan

2. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    any ideas?

3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    You need a buffer to get peizos to work to thier best, then the buffer output into the pre. I know nothing about the Demeter, except what I just read in the website, but this is my guess;
    - wire two J pups through pots passively and feed that into input 1
    - peizos into input 2 - may still need peizo buffer before preamp input....

The site blurb says "Active balance control mixes two pickups of any kind (active/passive/piezo)." but whether that means it comes from the factory with different configurations of inputs or the standard inputs have a high enough input impedance for peizos, I dunno. Email Demeter.