How To?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, Sep 25, 2002.

1. :(

Bleh. Gave up on my Green Day Songs.. :D

I'm wondering. I've read some threads around here, and not really understood them so well, so I ask;
    If you were to have more than one cabinet, is it ideal to have another amp???

I've read the "bi-amping" thread and I understand that, but this is not what I'm talking about.. I'm thinking about if I were to say have.. 4 1x15" cabs, 1 4x10"'s, and a bunch of CABS hooked to the one amp, (all of course adding to the correct resistance, and pulling the right amount of power from the amp.. say everything is pulling 500 watts from a 1000watt this right?!) would it be ideal to use more than one amp-head??

Off the subject of amps..
    Db (not D-flat :p :rolleyes:) is short for wavelength?

Cheers !
  2. :confused: You're not making any sense to me....

;) have you been smoking dope again? :eek:
  3. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Your post is pretty weird indeed.

If you want to drive more than 1 cab you do not need more than 1 amp. Of cause you can drive 2 cabs with 2 different amps (one being the 'master' the other one being the 'slave') but this is more hassle so I would not call it 'ideal'.

Most of the more powerful amps are capable of running at a 2Ohm load (or at 4Ohm per side if it's a stereo amp). This means you can hook up two 4Ohm cabs or up to four 8Ohm cabs - this should be enough in most cases...

I don't know why you are asking this, but if you have an amp which has not enough power for your needs I would rather trade it in for a stronger one than adding a second not so powerful amp.

4. It's the haggus...
  5. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Db (not d flat) is short for decebel and you usually see it as db. It's a rating of gain. Not to be confused with watts though, which is a rating of power.
  6. Haggus? Yummy haggus :D

Dope? WHO TOLD YOU?!?! *strangles*

OK, thanks. i didn't think I made very good sence, I was just thinking about if I was to hook up like e.g. 6 CABS to one amp...