Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How usefull is the Akai Headrush for you?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by De Teng, Aug 7, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well... the title says it all I think.

With one song I'm playing a bit of a fill-in high solo through the guitarchords and voices, but I would like to have sample for the groundnotes. Is it worth buying the Akai Headrush only for that purpose... or do you folks think that if you have it once, you're trying to invent all crazy stuff with it?

Let us hear you!

Perhaps is it worth mentioning that people, who know the E1 and E2, what the difference is? I once read that the E2 is less vintage sounding... do you owners agree with that?

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Come on, not even somebody with a looper/sampler? I almost can't believe it, because those Akai things are as popular as women wearing without their bra's . :D

To have things clear concerning this topic, I mean by asking this that I am curious about the live-situation. It is really cool to have a lot of crazy things on stage, but do you really use it...how often... or not... etc?

3. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Very useful and very cool! I couldn't tell you whcih model I have, but you'll find new uses for it at every gig.

4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Cool... I'm having a slight gas attack and I am thinking of purposes with my band. I have one already....hehe..

Quite simple to determine which version though... the E1 is grey and the E2 is a blue one. :D

5. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Its the E1. I use it primarily for end-of-song bombast, looping layer on layer of fuzz. I also use it to loop repetitious bass lines while I jam on tambourine/beer bottle/cowbell. "Cause you can never have enough Cow-BELL!" :)