Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How very annoying....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Arrgghhh....I have a puzzle for you lot, please dont give me a virtual reality slap for this...here goes:

I have a Yamaha RBX370, a Stagg 20w bass amp and two cables. My brother has a crappy 10w Rhino guitar amp and an electro-acoustic guitar.

Now, the problem is that i play my bass through my bass amp for about 5 mins, then i put it down and come back to it 5 mins later, and the sound has completely gone/there is no output. But my bro's guitar works on my amp, with both cables, and my bass works on his amp with both cables. And the output problem of my bass/my bass amp happens with both cables.

So does anyone have any idea what's going on???

Please help me, I'm a newbie and desperate to play my bass in peace.....

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Stop putting your bass down! :D

3. have some one look at the wiring of your bass
    I also think that jondog had some good advice

4. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I second the advice to look at the cables and electronics - have someone shake the cables a bit while you play - there may be an intermittent short somewhere. Is the jack on the amp loose at all? That's another thing to check.

5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i echo the cable sentiment.

i don't know how many times i've pulled my hair out trying to find out why i'm getting an intermitent signal or none at all!!!!

and ya know?

i usually find out my darned cat's been chewing on my cords.

ESPECIALLY frustrating with my 13pin Roland V-Bass cable.

buy good quality cables and store them like you would a nice bass.

oh, and hide a camera to see what your brother does when you leave the room.

f

6. Cheers for the advice people but being dumb old me, I realised it was the battery! Duh!

Anyway thanks for the advice, to a newbie.