1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How well do you laugh at yourself ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 6, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How well do you laugh at yourself ? I am getting better at it but it often takes a few years though.

2. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I don't think I'm good enough at it yet.

However I do laugh my a** off at other people.:D

3. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    My form of humor is very sarcastic/acid. It is my fair share to expect violent comebacks, which I have learned to love.

I laugh well at myself since maybe two years ago.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm not bad at it, but I aspire to be as good as my parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles were in the old days. That's REALLY old days to most of you. (I'm 51).

I once saw my great aunt laughing hysterically at herself when she sat on a big fishing bait with two big treble hooks on it, embedding it way into her butt cheeks. I doubt that I would have that same reaction. But that was the norm for all of that generation. Maybe that's why they all lived to a ripe old age.

5. RedemptionBass

RedemptionBass

Dec 12, 2007
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Head (and only) Honcho at Redemption Bass
    Very well indeed.

No one makes me laugh like I do.

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I'm a dumbarse, so I give myself plenty of chances to laugh at myself. I also give everyone else a great deal of material, with which to generate laughter.

7. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    If it's funny.... it's funny. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself every once in a while... if you don't... even your friends will think you're a jerk about it.

The difference between laughing at others compared to myself... I don't point at myself when I laugh. :smug:

8. Pretty well. I'm tired of being embarassed all the time.

9. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    When you play like me, you have to laugh at yourself...

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I laugh at myself quite a bit. When I broke my leg, I was carrying a soda in for my dad that I had just got him. I slipped on ice and broke the leg, but didn't spill the soda. After hearing me yelling outside, and coming out, I told him, "I broke my leg... Here's your soda..." (I didn't spill a drop! :D)

Then at the ER, I was sitting in my room eating a sammich when he came in very surprised that I actually broke it. I think he was used to people whining for painkillers for wimpy stuff. I apparently have a pretty high pain tolerance. That cracks me up.

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Very well actually.

12. When its geniunely funny then I laugh harder than anyone around. But when something just crappy happens to me (transmission dropping first gear while driving home) I usually get pretty pissed when people just need to tell me how funny it is.

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I dish a lot out. I have to be able to take it back too. I'm not too proud to admit that I laugh at myself all the time.

14. I can do it well... as long as it's not a mean spirited thing.

15. Being able to laugh at myself is what gets me through the day... i need it

16. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I think I laugh at myself pretty well, most of the time. I've always been the self-deprecating type.

One exception: I'm 6'5", so I tend to hit my head on things a lot more often than most people. (There are still lot of short ceilings and doorways out there.) Those people invariably laugh, not realizing that sometimes it's pretty damn painful. So I'll get temporarily grumpy and mutter under my breath about short people.

17. hey my friend is like 4 feet tall... he is evil... so i agree with you about short people

18. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I laugh at myself just fine; it's getting other people to laugh that is challenging.

19. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i kinda have no choice.

20. Ahh yes, Me and you have something in common, Everything I say is in the same tone so people can't tell if im kidding or not:smug:

But laughing at yourself is fun.