1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How well does the iamp500 drive the NL-210 cab?

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by smarvelous, May 18, 2004.

1. smarvelous

smarvelous

Jun 2, 2002
    Albany, CA
    I ask in this forum, because I know that Mr. Dimin has both of these products and I'm GASsing for a new head and cab. Since the iamp500 is rated at 350W at 8 ohms perhaps the CXL112 is a better match but I'm suspecting that the NL210 will get me the percussive, punchy, clear tone that I seek (I play latin and brazillian jazz, usually not that loud and when I play salsa I have PA support). I love to be able to make my bass punch like a tuned drum and I also love to fill the room with lows.

Will the iamp500 drive the NL210 loudly? I wonder if EA is considering a 4ohm version?

thanks...

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    I love the combination of the 500 and 210. The 210 is EXTEMELY Clean cabinet. The 112 has more "punch" to it than the 210. The 210 is more like a monitor speaker in its clarity throughout the bandwidth while the 112 has a bit more midrange punch. With PA support, I think the 500's combination of size, power, weight, clarity is great. If you need more headroom, than I would go with an 800

Mike

Mike

3. smarvelous

smarvelous

Jun 2, 2002
    Albany, CA
    Thanks, Mike.

I played a medium sized room w/ an 8 piece salsa band last night with my wizzy 1-12 (no PA support) and was reminded how great that little cab sounds. I've decided 2 of them would be beautiful for the kinds of gigs I'm doing. So it's a done deal, I ordered a second wizzy and an iamp500 from bass northwest.

4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    when I performed at Bassquake 2003, I used a Wizzy combo and a Wizzy Powered extension - which is almost identical to your rig, an iAMP 500 and 2 Wizzy's. I really loved it. I think that you will find that 2 wizzys sound better than you can imagine. I had played a Wizzy combo for a while and was totally blown away when I added a 2nd Wizzy and more power.

BTW, your rig is the same that Lynn Keller plays. I know that she loves hers.

Mike