How well does the most recent Digitech Bass Whammy track the open low B string on a 5 string bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Randy R, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Randy R

Randy R

Mar 11, 2018
    I just want to know if it can actually track it and how well it sounds when I hit the open low B string using it on +1oct up and +2oct up.
    Has anyone tried it that way?
    I’ll mainly use it to make it sound like a guitar adding distortion and some delay.
    Thanks!

2. 254 stringer

254 stringer

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Tracking is excellent as far as sound it will be digital sounding but with some distortion should be passable.

Randy R likes this.
  3. Randy R

Randy R

Mar 11, 2018
    Great! I’ve tried the Pog2 and Pitch Fork but unfortunately those won’t track the open B string at all so, I was hoping the Bass Whammy could do a better job at it :)

4. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep no problems at all. Sometimes I use it to drop my 5’er down to F#BEAD just for kicks. It’s DEVASTATING! :bassist:

nbsipics, Fuzzbass and Randy R like this.
  5. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    You might also look at the TC Sub n Up. It tracks the B just fine.

Randy R and Novarocker like this.
  6. Hmmm seems weird you’re the only one reporting it when a few others have said it should be ok... I’m worried now.
    But weirder in that my boss PS3 which is now ancient tracks an open low b no worries just has trouble with half of the higher notes in glitching out at doing blended +1 octave (fine at around a fifth or so up)

7. Randy R

Randy R

Mar 11, 2018
    This is what I wanted to hear!! Thanks man! I’ll order it today! Besides, it has some cool options I wanna try, too! Thanks!!

Ba55Man1ac likes this.
  8. Randy R

Randy R

Mar 11, 2018
    Yeah, I wanted to try it but they don’t have it at any store around :(
    Does it do +2 octaves up?

9. Randy R

Randy R

Mar 11, 2018
    Yeah, it was really weird for me too. I mean, I had to try the PF to hear it myself. It might work for other uses but not for what I’m looking for. In other words, you won’t hear the note when hitting the low B. It’ll be just... noise.
    I think the Bass Whammy might actually deal with really low frequencies as it is optimized for bass.

10. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Stock is 2 down 1 up. But you can add 2 up with a custom TonePrint. But two up on an octave is just scratch noise once you get much above E2.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022