1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how well does the new $170 SX LTD sound recorded direct ? :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ibanezcollector, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    you tell me, recorded direct to soundcard, not a single bit of EQ anywhere besides the backing track to take the bass out.. Just plug and play

excuse the playing learned this song about 40 mins earlier

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Sounds excellent. I'm digging to the tone.

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    Great tone and playing. Awesome deal.

4. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Sounds perty good to me.....

:cool:

5. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    At first I was wondering why you were playing a vintage bass instead of a new SX, then I remembered that you are the great relic maker. :D

It sounds pretty darn good. I thought the higher register sounded a little thin, but that could just be my speakers. Great playing, too!

6. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    soudns deadly, i left you a comment.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Nice! My only quibble is: Never be so much as a shade late with even a single note on THAT line. Lovely tone, too. Well done.

8. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    yeah Jim, that song as simple as it is, is really hard to get the groove down tight. thats the best of like 12 takes..

Like you said if your a shade late it really shows.. Sometimes simple isnt so simple :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, I just cant believe a $170 bass sounds great going right from the output of the bass to the input of a soundcard. Who would of thought.. one of lifes "Happy Mistakes" now I know how to record this bass hahaha

9. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Don't be too hard on yourself, I doubt I could have done it better. It is hard to nail that kind of thing in that ultra perfect context.

That bass does sound wonderful, you have rediscovered what we all need to remember, keep it simple. This applies to tone and to time, no? :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

PS the bass looks great, too!

10. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanks Jim

11. great my olny complaint is those shorts:eyebrow:

12. :eek: Well DONE!! A little more bass face wouldn't hurt :p

13. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    haha I was waiting for someone to say something, standard issue Addidas basketball shorts.

So I was showing a little to much thigh for ya huh :spit: :help:

14. The bass sounds quite nice. While I am not a fan of heavily "relic'd" style basses, your work is good!

15. I don't know man... all my basketball shorts go down to my knees :eyebrow:

Nice sounding SX. You've done a great job 'relic-ing' it up.