How will Barts affect my Quantum 6?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slinginsix, Mar 6, 2005.

1. slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I have a Modulus Q6 with the Phenolic (sp?) board and EMG's and am not really happy with the sound. It may be partially my amp, but I'm wondering how Barts might change the sound. I know they'll make the bass "warmer"., but how else might the sound be changed?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Just posted this to another thread.

They're characteristically quiet, comparatively medium output (often on the low side) round, fairly clear, versatile, and not short on low end. They make lots of pups that cover a range of tones. Some don't even sound like Barts. They will sound decent if stuck in a decent bass but what's between the bass and the ears will make as much difference as the bass.

In general, all the manufacturers have a signature tone but they also make pups that don't have it. Like EMG's, you just have to hear a few different Barts to know the sound you're likely to get. EMG's are decent pups, I'd make a trip to a music store and try some different amps. Amps can be every bit as different as pickups. Either that or go for a set of used Barts and if you don't like them, you're not out much.