Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How will basses change in 20 years time?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chicken Socks, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Hey dudes, i was just wondering how the bass will change in the next 20 years. maybe some new undiscovered company will come rising out of the dirt and become the absolute best makers ever? or maybe some special wood would come along which could be your best bass of your life, strings, to body, to prices, everything...any opinions?

2. Basses will be made of butter and cheese.

3. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    while there is no way to even guess this...

i would say a lot of bassists will be replaced by computers/keyboards/dj's.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Due to the coming wood shortage, there will be only one wooden bass company left; Wishnevsky, LTD, using woods other makers avoid. All basses will look like pouncing cats. Fender will introduce the 'Air-o-Dyne' bass helmet, featuring the Dimarzio Hi-Lo thought Pickup system. Gibson will buy out the remaining makers and reissue their models, using hi-impact plastics and hemp paper. The Great Bass/Keyboard War will bring about the Treaty of Goshen, which outlaws keyboardists' stepping on bass-line in songs. It also outlaws scrunchies. '62 Precision Bass sells for $74,000,000 on Ebay 2. The last 4-string bass and bass player will be enshrined at Wunderland Prison.:)
    PS: Pants will be worn sagging to ankles.

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Hey Ibanks, what the heck did you say?

6. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    I'll be the greatest player on the earth.

in a similar vein to bill and ted.

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I think you will see an improvement in electronics which will allow makers to use more synthetic materials in the basses, since wood will be more scarce and the synthetic materials will be cheaper. Maybe the overall size of basses will become closer to guitars. And I will be tied with Lewk as the best bassist on the planet, our instruction videos and cd's will be very popular and we will have supermodel girlfriends. O.k. I'm awake now..

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'don't know. I never pay any attention to him...

9. rocket packs built in...
    cloaking system to become invisible on stage, so no one knows the bassist is there (oh wait, that already happens ;))
    super duper never-dead roundwounds
    self adjusting action.
    chameleon bass finishes, that change when ever you want, from natural all the way to rainbow.
    Or maybe mood "ring" finish basses.

ummm.... auto tuning tuners. never ever go out of tune.

built in hydration units... built in weight stoppers...built in beds...built in fingers that know the songs.

ill come up with stuff thats actually funny later.