How Will The Sopranos End?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, May 20, 2007.

1. WHOA!

Depth_Charge and I posted at the same moment!

Great minds do think alike. :smug:

Mike :D

2. I think the last episode will be two hours.

I have a couple of scenarios.

Little Carmine Lupertazzi:
    He may end it all and take care of both Tony and Phil, which would make him boss. His father was the NY boss who died of a stroke before he named a successor.

OR

Paulie:
    I think Paulie may be Tony's Judas somehow. Either whacking Tony or maybe turning him to the feds, although I don't see the show ending with Tony alive.

OR

AJ:
    The kid is messed up (depressed) and obsesses with all the negative things in the word. Tony, the sole survivor of the war will go back to his family only to be killed by AJ. AJ, pushed to the edge sees his father as one of the things that is wrong with the world.

I think my Lupertazzi scenario makes the most seance with all the history and rivalry on the NY side. He's allies with Tony, but probably sees him as part of the problem.

The AJ scenario is far fetched, but HBO does like a dramatic ending. Plus it would be a good way to end the show with no mob survivors.

Paulie will be a big part of it one way or the other. I believe he will turn on Tony more than I believe he will die protecting him.

Meh,....I don't know.
    What say you?

3. Apparently, I'm wrong about this, as I watched last night's episode again tonight, and at the end it states that next week's finale will be at the regular time, 9pm, and that a new show debuts immediately following The Sporanos at 10pm.

Mike

4. OK, I don't think Little Carmine is going to make a move, or that Paulie will become Judas, (although it's an interesting theory) but you may be onto something with AJ trying to kill his father, since he's in such a confused state of mind, and didn't react well when Tony told him that his uncle Bobby got killed.

I still say it's going to come down to a shootout at the OK Coral-type situation with Phil, but Phil will die, while Tony lives, but may be seriously wounded.

It's also possible that the FBI could come over the hill like the cavalry at the last moment and intervene in the final shootout between Tony and Phil. If you think about it, why did they write the FBI agent that seems to have a little compassion for Tony back into the plot so close to the end of the series?

Both Tony and Phil would be arrested, but Tony would drop a dime on Phil's New York operation in return for a place in the witness protection program.

Most of my friends say that that ending would be too similar to the ending of the movie Goodfellas.

So, I just don't know.

We shall see. ;)

Anyone else?

Mike

5. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    i say that there is a massive gun battle at the safehouse, and it comes down to tony and phil at the very end. They share a few words to make it dramatic. Then a few things could happen:

Tony flips first and kills phil, then either does himself in or gets shot by someone (AJ?)

or

AJ comes in, shoots phil from behind then shoots tony

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

AJ is definately going to have a huge role in the final episode.

7. The radio just said that there are online gambling sites taking bets on whether Tony lives or dies. :D

Read what others think will happen, and post your own ideas at WCBS radio's site. www.newsradio88.com

I like the one entitled, "Tony Survives."

"The last scene is Tony walking down his driveway to pick up the morning paper, and we see him walking back to a home in the desert about to close the door, when Carmela calls him by another name."

I can't take the suspense! :p

Mike

8. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I don't know, but I'll bet it has something to do with ducks...

9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Winning the Stanley Cup.

I think Tony's going to wake up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette.

10. Didn't see that one coming.

Anyone else with a W_T_F feeling?

11. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    So does he die? Confusing. Chase probably left it open to interpretation.

Pretty bad ending to a once incredible show.

12. I don't think so, he's boss now. New York and New Jersey. The only thing left out was them ridding into the sunset.

My interpretation, I'll have to watch it again.

I thought one of those two guys in the diner was going to pop him.

A happy ending for a mob boss? :confused:
    The more I think about it, that's what it was.

Phil is out of the way.
    Tony visited JR.
    Meadows career is taking off.
    AJ is back on his feet.
    Looked like Carmela will be doing more business.

Not saying Tony had to die, but that ending was disappointing and anticlimactic.

13. Jazzin'

Very much a W_T_F ending.

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Poorly, as all gangster-related sagas do (Godfather III, anyone?)

(never watched the show, ever.)

15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    that ending really caught me by surprise. I thought something was wrong with our tv for a second.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Me too... thought the signal had dropped.

The ending left everything up to your imagination. Several potential hitmen in the place, possibly more coming in the door.

Or not.

17. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    ...maybe the silence and the abrupt ending signified that the whole Soprano family was hit at the same time in that diner... kinda like how Sil didn't hear that hit during a dinner, a few episodes back.

hmm.

18. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I think Tony is gonna own the NY family n take turfs over right before he dies of a heart attack :)

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Will there be a movie now, or another season? I hate stupid endings.

20. Jazzin'

There should definately be at least 1 more episode in the future if they want to make up for their crappy ending.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021