how would i do this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 7, 2004.

1. alrighty, i just recently got a behringer bx3000t head 300 watts and an avatar b212 2x12 in speakers. my old amp was a behringer bx1200 combo 120 watts. my drummer sometimes has a hard time hearing me beacuse hes a drummer so he dosnt have much hearing left. sinnce the old combo was a wedge combo could i use that as a monitor without using the pa. the avatar cab is 8 ohm by the way
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Plug you bass into the behringer head, and have you avatar plugged into the head using the speaker out jacks.

Then, run a line from either the line out or the tuner send of the head into the input of your combo. I read earlier that the line out may be too hot a siginal but i allways thought it would be fine..... The tuner send should be fine regardless.

Hope that helped.
  3. well it worked but am i decresing the ohms at all?? of the head.
  4. No. It's the same thing as running to the mixing board, PA, etc... or the tuner. It does not change the impedence of anything. Let us know how you like it!
  5. it sound great since i am using more speakers it gives it a more fuller sound. i have the choce of using the combo on top of my 2x12 cab and then putting the head on top of the combo or i can just wedge the combo right beside my drummer and then my will be a half stack!! and i am thinking of buying a avatar 2x10 to put on top of the 2x12!