Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How would i run this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Okay, i play in a church band and have had enough of lugging my 4X10's every sunday, so i got a DI box. I got the Apex ADP1 Direct Box. then i realized i would need an A/B box to switch between my two basses that i use on sundays(Jazz 4 and Jazz 5.) so i got the Apex ASB1 A/B-Y Switch. now i understand how to use them. i run it bass 1-a bass 2-b then one line to the from instrument on the DI then a line from DI-little rig thats smaller just so i can hear myself better. now where would/could i add a tuner so that i can tune, but tune each bass and have it muted?

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Egads, man:

[​IMG]

Staying in tune
    Just like effects pedals, tuners can cause havoc, robbing your sound of dynamics and tone, even though one cannot argue the tremendous benefits of having a tuner plugged for on-the-fly adjustments. Until Bassbone, you were either in tune or being tuned out!

The Bassbone’s 'always on' tuner output has been optimized to accentuate the fundamental frequency. This reduces 'needle wobble’ making tuning faster and easier. For silent tuning, the Bassbone’s power booster can also be set to zero to act like a mute. This way, with a single foot action, the main output can be turned off while tuning.