Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How would this AMPEG rig sound???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FearandLoathing, Nov 22, 2001.

1. My current SWR workingmans12 100 Watt amp is not loud enough tocompete with my guitarists i think its 100 watt Marshall... I am thinking of getting an AMPEG SVT-350 Classic head to use with an AMPEG SVT410HE 4x10 cab...

Will it work out???

2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Of course it will. but remember that the SVT-350 is just the B-2 head in an SVT-style cabinet. However, if you think you'll need the extra durability then you should probably spend the extra $$$ on the SVT-350.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    primusdude is right. I like the look of the SVT-350 because it looks like a classic Ampeg head.

If you're looking to get one cabinet, I'd go for the SVT-410HLF because this cab is 4ohms & will draw all of the 350W that the head has to offer. If you use the SVT 410HE (8ohms)it will only draw 200W from the head. The only reason to get the SVT 410HE is if you plan on getting another cabinet in the future such as another SVT 410HE or an SVT 15E (also 8 ohms). 2 8ohm cabs together equal a 4ohm load & will draw all of the 350 watts from the head.
    It's not really that much more. If you got the B2R & an SKB 2 rack case, it would cost about the same as the SVT-350.