How would you describe the Eden D115XLT sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chiplexic, Aug 19, 2004.

1. chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    I can't find one to try out. How would you describe the sound of the current Eden D115xlt cab. I'm kind of looking more toward smooth and warm without loosing too much definition. Not too sterile sounding but not extremely colored. Vintage but not a closed cab sound.
  2. metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :bassist: :hyper: :D i would have to say warm with alot of umph i love it i havent had a chance to use it in rehersal yet but it shakes my house hard.......
  3. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    It doesn't sound like Eden. It doesn't have that overwhelming low mid bark of the 210 or 410 xlt that everyone loves and I detest.

It sounds pretty deep and smooth with good definition and a little upper mid scoop between where the 15 falls off and the horn kicks in.

I still think JBL pro line is the king of the 1x15 box but I'd take the Eden as second choice.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm the resident Eden whore, I own a D-115XL, and here's how it goes:

mmfff mff mmmffff mff mfff mff mffff.

Yessir, it's a bona-fide tone-sucking muff monster. However, with a D-210XLT on top of it, you can get a pretty jazzy sound. No further discussion required.
  5. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    like to ask the whore a question, the 115xlt is a 400 watt speaker, while the 115t is a 200 watt speaker, then you have the 215xlt which can take 400 watts, do they use the same speaker from the 115t cabs and put two in a better box?

what im really asking is, wouldnt two 115xlts sound monstrous over the 215xlt cab plus be more portable? :confused:
  6. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not to get off the topic of the Eden 1x15xlt, but I find the Aguilar 1x15 is very smooth and warm with lots of definition. Like Munjibunga, I use an Eden 2x10xlt on top but I have no problem running the Aguiliar GS115 as a stand alone cab if necessary.

I had the opportunity to hear another bass player play through my rig when I was using just the 1x15 and it sounded great. Filled the whole room with bass without being muffled or wooly sounding.