1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How would you power this board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, May 12, 2011.

1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I have way too many walwarts and need some suggestions to make my board a little more reliable and clean looking.

I've got an Eventide Pitchfactor, a Modfactor, a Pigtronix Mothership, an LS-2, a DD-6, and a Copilot Orbit, with a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller on the way. The LS-2, DD-6 and Orbit are on a one-spot, everything else is plugged into a power strip. I have a Voodoo Labs PP2 as well, but am not currently using it.

I know the Cioks DC10/Powerfactor can deal with the eventide boxes and the 9v pedals, but the mothership and FCB1010 are still issues. The mothership takes 48v at 540ma -- does anyone know if I could daisy chain five 9v outlets in such a way that it'd be safely powered?

Also, I use a DJ case as my pedal board -- it's relatively light and compact, it's solid and has a cover, and it was only $40. But there is limited space. The FCB1010 will not fit (which is fine), and it's going to replace the EB VP Jr. that I use as an expression pedal, so there will extra room.

How would you set this up? Would you use what I have, get the Cioks, or do something totally different?

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    It's a PITA but I don't think you're going to find a multi-voltage power supply that supplies everything you need, esp the 48v. Personally I would power everything but the mothership and FCB from a PSU, and use the original wall warts for the afore mentioned with a compact powerstrip velcroed to the board.

3. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    TRex makes a pretty awesome power supply called the Chameleon that may do what you're looking for.

4. I know that you can use two separate 9V wart outputs and a 2 > 1 cable to power an 18V pedal, but somehow the idea of using a BUNCH of 9V outlets to power the big one sounds a little dodgy. I vote for ga's idea.