Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How would YOU run this combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pre EB, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Ok, I just got another Boogie RR15 cab to go with my 210. I currently have the 210 running full range out of my pre, and the 15 out of the low pass output to use as a sub. Would using the 210 out of the high pass out and the 15 still out of the low pass give me more volume? At what frequencies should I set this stuff? I like a big, fat tone! BTW, I'm using an Alembic F-1X pre. Any other F-1X (or other preamp) guys run a bi-amp set up? Let me know.
    Joe

2. Not sure how flexible your crossover is but I would say your best bet would be to roll off the 210 somewhere in the 60-100hz range. The 115 should'nt get anything over 6khz for sure but you could limit it to 1khz and below. This way you won't lose any mids and you should still get good response from each cab

3. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    It has a "frequency" knob that goes from 70hz to 3.5khz and a "H.F. Level" that goes from -10 to +10. Do I just have to play with this to get a good sound? As long as I can get a good starting point, I'm happy. Thanks