How would you set these effects up?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have

- Bass Balls (I usually keep it clean)
    - Digitech Synth Wah (I mostly use it for an octave)
    - Rat2 Distortion
    - DOD cheapo wah/volume (usually set to volume since the wah sucks)
    - An older Boss multi effects unit. (I use mostly for delay/compression.. rarely synth)

I keep the volume in front of the boss unit, because the delay has a decent hold for a while, so I can add nice little swells/keyboardy stuff.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Also, what am I missing? What should I get next? I was thinking a chorus (I like chorus over flange)
  3. The main thing you would need to decide was if you prefer your sound wah, then distortion, or distortion then wah. I change every few months between the two.

My suggested chain for you would be;

Rat2 --- SynthWah --- BassBalls --- MultiFX ---- Volume

I always like to run the volume at the end of my chain, but play around with this (especially pre/post multi-FX).

The rule of thumb is that distortion or anything which needs to detect an envelope (octave, synth) goes first in your chain. I would suggest playing around with the position of your BassBalls and RAT, to see which sound you prefer.

I consider a chorus to be a must for what I play, and I use a battery powered mini pedal board that consist of a CE-2 Chorus, MXR-Phase 90 and a Korg DT10 Tuner. This is for when I cant be bothered lugging my bigger pedalboard around. You can put chorus anywhere anywhere in your chain Mat, but I would say before your MultiFX.