1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How would you spend the last visit you could have with your grandparent/s ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 4, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

How would you spend the last visit you could have with your grandparent/s ? It could very well be eating Turkey and watching a convention on TV.

2. Talking.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Skiing. My grandma has been skiing for most of hear life.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I guess maybe it would be one last Christmas dinner with everyone there...
    oh great, now I'm getting bummed...I miss them

5. I never had a chance to meet any of my grandparents except for my mothers mother. In her case, I wouldn't. She never liked me and I grew a pretty strong hate for her before she died because of the things she said about me even on her death bed.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Saying "thank you".

7. Probably gardening....my grandparents are big on gardening.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'd like to have introduced my grandmother on my father's side to my son.

9. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Haven't had grandparents for some time. I'd want to do whatever they wanted to do. :(

Marshall

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Actually spending time with them.

I had dead beat grandparents, never did anything with them.

11. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    never knew either set but this is how i would spend it:

DADS PARENTS: talking with them. letting my grandfather make greek cuisine. learning all about the early days of the 20th century. what it was like for them to come to ellis island [leaglly] in 1908 etc......

MOM'S DAD AND STEPMOM: beating them sensless with a 32" lousiville slugger. when her dad remarried, his new wife used to beat my mom with hairbrushes and whatever else she could find. i hate these people and i have never met them, but i'm pretty sure i would have just killed them.

my family is not allowed to talk about my moms side of the family when i'm around. it really ticks me off that her father let this happen. bastard.

12. Elrend

Elrend

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    I don't know what I would do... I might visit my grandfather for the last time this Saturday.

He's in the hospital for something that might be prostate cancer... he's 88 years old now... I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do or say.

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    well the last visit with my grandfather(7/3/08) he was barely coherent. he died the next day. =/

14. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    All my grandparents are gone now, as are my parents...but if I could do this, it would be one last fantastic Thanksgiving dinner together...with my wife and daughter and my grand parents, so they could meet...Damn, I'm gonna get teary....

15. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Their choice. They all knew how to make a grandson happy at any given moment.

16. Unfortunately, my last visit with the only grandparent I knew was at her deathbed. She died at the ripe old age of 100 and if it wasn't for a fall that broke her hip I believe she would have had a few more years left in her.

I'm sure the last visit before that was something casual at my mothers house.