1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How would you tweak this rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PaulYeah, Aug 10, 2007.

1. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    I'm not sure whether to put this into Basses or Amps, since this is really concerning all of my gear.

Here's what I've got

2001-ish MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe V upgraded w/Ultrajazzes, Badass bridge, Aguilar OBP-3, shielding, star grounding.

dbx 166 compressor
    BBE BMax
    QSC RMX 1450
    Acme B4

I play roots reggae in the vein of Bob Marley and Burning Spear.

What would be the next logical step in upgrading my gear? I'm leaning towards another B4 or maybe a higher end cabinet like a Schroeder or Bergantino. But a new bass, perhaps a Sadowsky or Warwick Streamer would be nice.

I suspect I'm going to be asked what I think is the weakest link in my gear, and I'm really not sure. It could very well be that I'd like more stage volume, and another B4 would certainly give that to me. If I did that, should I get another QSC to power it?

Paul

2. if you like the sound from it, keep it. Maybe GAS for some pedals or somthing.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Find yourself a nice P5 or P/J 5 -- something that just sounds absolutely HUGE.

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Sounds like a great rig to me...

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If you want more volume grab another B4, sell the RMX 1450 and put it towards another power amp that puts out more power.

Peace

-Benny

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    +1

MM