1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How you know when you’ve reached peak laziness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basslicks, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. basslicks

basslicks Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Kentucky
    eMiz3ua.jpg

Uncle K and Bassbeater like this.
  2. I would have clipped the ring and pinky fingers instead. That secondary attack from a little extra nail sounds good to me for fingerstyle.

ajkula66, Bass V and Killed_by_Death like this.
  3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
  4. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

I do the same.
    I never let them all get long.
    I just keep the right hand index and middle extra short for fretless playing.

20180312_185825.jpg
    03012552_Snapshot_20170503.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I don't mind having nails on my right hand, & actually prefer having nails for digging in on Fairies Wear Boots.
    My lazy finger-clipping habit is leaving the pinky every other time I trim them.

I should have learned my lesson doing that, because it cost me a job once in 2005.
    The interviewer noticed my pinky nails weren't trimmed & it was a fad in Thailand, might still be.

It's to indicate that you are so well off you don't do anything strenuous enough to break a nail

JGbassman and BurnOut like this.
  6. FilTurd

FilTurd

Dec 13, 2015
    Pacific Northwest
    Well at least you guys trim two or more nails. Since I've been unable to work on SSDI. The time I do anything is when we rehearse or play. If not I'm pretty much waiting for my check and doing nothing worth mentioning. Like totally relaxing. It very unfortunate that everyone is afraid to hire people under the table.

7. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Not for scooping out a quick bump?

Jokei, tfer, JGbassman and 1 other person like this.
  8. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Well...

1st Guy, lazing around on the porch: "I'll betcha I'm lazier than you are."
    2nd Guy, lazing around on the porch; "Oh, yeah? How much'll you bet?"
    1st Guy; "I'll bet a whole dollar I'm lazier than you are."
    2nd Guy, after thinking for a minute; "Well, you win, I guess. Take the dollar outta my pocket..."

If you're like Guy #2, that's how you know....:whistle:

9. Ha ha Ive done that a couple times over the years when I was in a hurry to get to a gig on time lol. Try to avoid it though bevause around here if you let your pinky nail in particular grow out people think you’re a cocaine user.

gebass6 and FilTurd like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021