Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

howard stern

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric234, Sep 15, 2005.

1. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    it sucks that he is going to satellite radio because i can't afford it. So any other stern fans here? If your not a stern fan don't post.

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Hell yes.

Save up, cause his show will be better than ever w/ no FCC regulations. Plus I'm pretty sure He'll have his own channel. So you can listen to him any time.

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, it sucks...

Because here in Columbus, Ohio, our local affiliate has already pulled the plug on him & replaced him w/ some lameass bit, that got kicked off the air in Texas somewhere.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I spend more on impulse eating at Taco Bell per month than the monthly subscription fee for satellite radio. Of course, YMMV . . . .

The equipment can be had super cheap if you look for sales and rebates, best I saw so far was about $40, and a monkee can install it.

If Stern is that important to you, consider getting it.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Seriously....how so? What is going to be better?

As Eric Moesle suggested, if Stern is really that big of a deal to you, you'll find a way to come up with the money to get the equipment and a subscription. $50 for a receiver, and $15 a month.

-Mike

6. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    i was listening this morning and he talked about it

7. Yes, I have old episodes or things like that!
    And i appreciate him a lot, doing and saying funny things....

8. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I would hope that being able to say and do anything he wants to will make the show more entertaining.

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    According to another thread here at TB, Stern is getting 3 channels and has hired Bubba the Love Sponge for one of them.

Oh yeah, I'm not a Stern fan. :spit: :)

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep, Howard had Bubba on Wednesday and talked about it. He's also considering hiring Danny Bonaduce. Danny was on Thursday groveling for a job.

As for Columbus, he played clips of the PD at the Columbus station taking calls about him, and Howard made mincemeat out of him. Apparently Columbus is refusing to pay him for the remainder of his contract. So not only does this station suck now, but they're weasels who welch on deals they make.

11. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
  12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well...

thing is, this local station is a small time "mom & pop" kinda radio station. And, they've been served notice by the FCC, with a notice of inquiry. Because they're small, they dont have the funds to handly any of this FCC crap. So, they're doing what ever they can to "appear to be in compliance", so they can avoid further actions against them.