1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Howdy From Fresno

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by James Holley, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Greetings! This is my first post to this forum. I'm an old school player. I've been playing for ca$h since I was 16 in 1965. ( I was playing in Vegas and Satisfaction was the #1 song in the country)I play mostly country. I work a lot. I come from a musical family. My dad was a fiddle player with Bob Wills. He made tons of records, even got to be in the movies. He's also a member of the Rock n Roll Hall of fame.(that's a crazy story) He played with a lot of guys like Merle Haggard, Ray Price, Asleep At The Wheel etc. Buddy Holley was a cousin of mine. I've worked with a lot of guys over the years. I've done shows with some Country Music Hall of Fame guys. I'm still playing clubs. I love to play. We're all going to drop dead some day. I want to do it on the band stand. I want to play till the end. It's like Merle said, "It's what we do"
    I would love to talk gear with you guys. I mostly play a Fender Jazz 5 string through a GK stack. That amp screams!
    You guys take care.
    James Holley By Golly

2. Well, hot damn, that's quite the résumé. Welcome!

Are there still any C&W bars in Los Angeles other than the occasional night at the Mint or Little Pedro's, or do Central Valley guys not bother to come south of Bako?